Bed bugs get their name because they like to live and feed in beds.
||Mahogany to rusty brown; red after a blood meal
||Flat; broad oval
Bed bugs like to travel and will hide in suitcases, boxes and shoes
to be near a food supply. They are elusive, nocturnal creatures.
They can hide behind baseboards, electrical switchplates, picture
frames, even wall paper. They come out at night for a blood meal.
Bed Bugs like to hide in small cracks and crevices close to a human
environment. They can be found behind baseboards, wallpaper,
upholstery, and in furniture crevices.
Although bed bugs can dine on any warm-blooded animal, they
primarily dine on humans. Bed bugs do not transmit diseases, but
their bites can become red, itchy welts.
- Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation.
- Check your bedsheets for tell-tale blood spots.
- Consider bringing a large plastic trashbag to keep your
suitcase in during hotel stays.
- Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual
- Bed bugs are elusive creatures, so it is imperative to seek
professional pest control to address an infestation.