You may have noticed that the days are getting shorter and the
nights are getting colder. A warm house and a warm meal start to
become more appealing this time of year. Unfortunately, these fall
comforts appeal to pests too. This is the time of year when mice,
chipmunks, raccoons and squirrels are looking for a place to call
home, and it may be inside your house. To help protect your home,
Arrow Exterminators has created Sustainability Through
Environmental Practices and Solutions, or STEPS™, a three-part
system to get to the root of the problem and keep pest infestations
from becoming a serious predicament.
Mice are known to be a major problem this time of year. They can
enter a home through an area as small as a nickel and cause
property damage in the process. They can easily chew through walls
and electrical wire, which may cause a fire. They can also
contaminate food and spread disease through their droppings.
To help protect homes from mice and other pests, Arrow
Exterminators uses the STEPS system. The three-step approach
- Fully inspect home and property to pinpoint pest issues
- Identify not only the pest, but the true cause of the
- Treat in the most environmentally responsible way to alleviate
current issues and help prevent any future recurrence
Here are some simple steps on how to prevent pests from entering
the home this fall with sustainable pest control:
- Seal all internal and external cracks and crevices.
- Check screen doors and windows for tears or holes.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys
- Use a thick plastic or metal garbage can with a tight lid and
keep sealed at all times.
- Eliminate standing water and other sources of moisture in or
around the home.
- Replace loose mortar and weather-stripping around the basement
foundation and windows
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five
inches off the ground.
We hope that with these tips, you can prepare your home for a
safe and pest free fall!