Be Ready to Combat Termites this Spring Season
Arrow Exterminators urges consumers to protect their homes for the new season to avoid spending thousands of dollars on damage
Atlanta, GA – The arrival of spring and warmer temperatures brings the return of termites in and around homes across the country—and homeowners must get prepared. According to termite experts from pest control leader Arrow Exterminators, this is especially a concern in regions where temperatures heat up faster. Due to weather patterns, Arrow customers have begun to report increases in termite activity during this time of the year. The termite experts at Arrow use a multifaceted monitoring and bating system to find and combat these hungry little pests.
“Consumers should not overlook termites,” said Cindy Mannes, Arrow company spokesperson. “Termites are known to cause over $5 billion dollars in damage each year —damage that is not typically covered by homeowners’ insurance, so it is key for consumers, especially during this uncertain economy, to take action and protect one of their most important investments, their home, from termite infestation.”
QualityPro Certified experts at Arrow Exterminators propose several tips to avoid termite infestations:
- As most termites are attracted to moisture, avoid water accumulation near your home’s foundation. Divert water away with properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
- Quickly repair house damage from a leaky roof or window as termites can thrive in this moisture.
- Never bury wood scraps or waste lumber in the yard, especially near the building. Remove old tree stumps and roots around and beneath the building.
- Most importantly, eliminate any wood contact with the soil. Maintaining a 1-inch gap between the soil and wood portions of the building is ideal.
- Consider working with professionals who offer the specialized skills necessary to rid a home of termite infestation: knowledge of building construction, an ability to identify termite species and the knowledge of applicable methods of termite control.
Recognizing the destruction termites can cause, it is important to be aware of infestation warning signs:
- Swarming of winged insects in the fall and spring – termites can easily be confused with flying ants.
- Evidence of mud tunneling in, over and under wood structures.
- Wooden structures exhibit darkening or blistering.
- Damaged wood becomes extremely thin and can be easily punctured by a knife or a screwdriver.
Consumers interested in protecting their homes from termites this spring can contact Arrow Exterminators for a free whole home evaluation featuring the STEPS™ Total Protection System, a straightforward, three-step process that includes inspection to pinpoint pest issues; identify not only the pest, but the true cause of the problem; and treat in the most environmentally responsible way to alleviate current issues and help prevent any future recurrence. Contact Arrow at 1-888-462-7769