SHOW BUGS A LITTLE LOVE THIS VALENTINE'S DAY
Arrow Exterminators Lists the Top Five Most Lovable Insects
Love is in the air and Valentine's Day is the perfect time to show love to some insects we often take granted. Not only are they perfectly harmless, these bugs are cute, romantic and even provide a few benefits. So, save a little love this year for this list of the top five most loveable bugs from Arrow Exterminators.
1. Ladybugs: Ladybugs are always at the top of the list! Not only do they bring good luck, they are very beneficial for homeowners with gardens, feeding on aphids which are harmful to plants. Avid gardeners even purchase ladybugs to add to their garden as an easy, affordable and sustainable solution to keep real pests away.
2. Fireflies: Who doesn't love catching lightning bugs on a warm summer night? These romantic insects are the ultimate love bug using their glow to attract new mates. They are usually found in humid climates, especially near ponds, streams and marshes.
3. Dragonflies: If you don't like mosquitoes - and who does, then dragonflies should definitely be on your list of bugs to love! This beautiful four-winged flyer usually takes up residence in common mosquito breeding areas and then feeds on them helping control the local population.
4. Crickets: Considered by many to be the most romantic insect due to their unique method of attracting a mate. Only the male crickets chirp and to find their perfect "soul mate," they produce an orchestra of romantic ballads to court nearby female crickets (and repel other males). Additionally, after a successful mating, they will chirp a song of celebration.
5. Honeybees: "There are so many reasons to love this insect," said Shay Runion, Arrow Pest Expert. "They are very social in nature and they not only produce a sweet treat we all enjoy, they pollinate beautiful flowers and more than 100 different crops across the United States, including apples, squash, soybeans and nuts."