TOP FIVE PESTS TO LOVE THIS VALENTINE'S DAY
Arrow Exterminators Lists Top "Love Bugs"
Love is in the air, and with Valentine's Day right around the corner, Arrow Exterminators has a created a list of the top five pests to love. While most people may not think there is such a thing as a lovable pest, Arrow challenges consumers to think again as these pests are not only harmless, but some even provide a few benefits:
1. Ladybugs: Ladybugs are wonderful pests to love, especially for homeowners with gardens. They feed on aphids, which are pests that extract moisture from plants. Often times, avid gardeners will purchase ladybugs to add to their garden as an easy, affordable solution to keep pests away.
2. Fireflies: Who doesn't have fond childhood memories of catching lightning bugs on a warm summer night? These friendly pests illuminate the night for residents living in humid temperatures, especially near ponds, streams and marshes. Constantly love-struck, their intermittent glow is used to attract new mates!
3. Dragonflies: Anyone who dislikes mosquitoes should love dragonflies. This four-winged pest feeds on summer's most notorious pest. Look for dragonflies to be found living and breeding near still water.
4. Crickets: Crickets may be considered the most romantic pest on this list, due to their unique way of attracting a mate. Interestingly, only male crickets chirp. To find their perfect "soul mate," they lead an orchestra of romantic ballads to attract females (and repel other males), as well as to court female crickets nearby. Additionally, after a successful mating, they will chirp a song of celebration.
5. Honeybees: "We had to include honeybees on our list because of the sweet treat they provide us," said Shay Runion, Arrow Pest Expert. "Additionally, this very social pest is not only responsible for producing honey, but also helps pollinate more than 100 different crops in the United States, including apples, squash, soybeans and nuts."
Arrow protects homes from infestations with the STEPSÂ® Total Protection System, an industry-leading process that utilizes Integrated Pest Management. STEP includes a full home and property evaluation to pinpoint pest control issues; identification of not only the pest, but the true cause of the problem; and treatment in the most environmentally responsible way to alleviate current issues and to help prevent future recurrences.