While we normally blog about pests that affect all of our
customers, this week we would like to do a special post for all of
our Phoenix-based customers.
Phoenicians certainly encounter their share of rodents, wildlife
and nuisance pests, but they also have to battle the dangerous, and
sometimes lethal, scorpion. Most commonly found outdoors, it's
important to keep an eye out for these pests inside of the home as
well, since they are drawn toward cooler temperatures during the
As any smart Phoenician can attest, no one puts on a pair of
shoes without checking for any guests that may be lurking inside!
Scorpions can also be found hiding inside of clothing and
underneath beds and rugs. Drawn also to dark, moist areas,
scorpions can often be found gathering underneath the bathroom or
Since scorpions are extremely dangerous due to their potentially
fatal sting, it's important to take preventative measures to keep
them from entering the home:
- Seal gaps between walls and doors;
- Keep piles of wood stacked away from the home;
- Keep window screens in good repair;
- Keep grass closely mowed near the home;
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back and away from the
- Eliminate sources of standing water; and
- Store garbage in sealed containers and/or on frames that allow
them to stand above the ground.
As the hot summer months continue, we hope these tips protect
our customers from these sinister pests. May the only sting they
encounter be that of the scorching summer sun!