With the record heavy rains we've been experiencing and now that
the higher temperatures are here, this is creating prime conditions
for one of the most dreaded summer pests - the blood-sucking
mosquito. It's only April, and we've already been receiving a
record number of calls reporting mosquito problems.
Mosquito-borne illnesses continue to plague regions of the
country, as evidenced by the increasing incidence of West Nile
Virus over the past year.
The experts at Arrow Exterminators offer these tips to prevent
mosquitoes from interfering with the enjoyment of your property
this season and to safeguard your family:
- Replace all standing water at least once a week; this includes
birdbaths, ponds and unfiltered pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing
water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
- Screen windows, doors and other openings with mesh.
- Avoid going outdoors during dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are
- Use insect repellent containing DEET on exposed skin whenever
or wherever mosquitoes are likely to bite.
Also, keep in mind that if you have a special event taking place
outside this spring or summer, a professional pest expert with
specialized training can help prepare your yard before the event
which will keep these blood-sucking pests away and help you
and your guests enjoy your event to the fullest.